the Controversial Committee Report
“We don’t raise sacred cows...we just butcher them.”
Well, dear readers, the clock is ticking and it appears the “leadership” of the mayor and Councilman Meagher is turning a deaf ear to properly advance the city’s business.
Instead, the flaky, self-inflated political egos, of several council members, are putting the city and its citizens at legal risk by not approving a legitimate agreement with ARK…concerning the TIF funding.
The flimsy rationale being spewed, to anyone who will listen to their “fake facts,” is: If we can hold out on releasing the TIF funds to ARK, then we can bully ARK into re-opening the original contract for the Entertainment Center.
As previously noted in CCR reports, this is unadulterated Torofeca. And if the city manager and city legal department are using this as fuel for the council, then their actions are as disingenuous as the councils.
This position, of not releasing the TIF funding by the mayor, Councilman Meager, and a couple other council cronies — who are standing behind them — is the worst way to do business with a partner who has made Irving shine. And Irving has shined since the opening of the Toyota Music Factory!
Irving wasn’t shining, for sometime, due to the previous ex-mayor, BVD.
When the Entertainment Center sky does fall, this business/partner travesty, by the mayor, Councilman Meagher and those who support them, will be noted as the worst political malfeasance in the city’s history.
As of this penning, an item has not been placed on the September 6, 2018, council agenda to discuss and approve the $44M TIF funding due ARK.
Here are some points to ponder and questions posed to those opposed to doing what is right for the city and its citizens:
- How much in legal fees will the city be pouring into the political swamp should all this go to court?
- Will councilmen be held personally liable for their political malfeasance in not recognizing a legitimate and fulfilled agreement?
- Will the DMN chuckle at reflecting, once again, the City of Irving is fodder for how egotistical elected officials and crony string-puller-politics helped destroy a vibrant drawing card to the city?
- Will the stain of the city council’s inactions, on the TIF funding issue, surpass even losing the Dallas Cowboys and the Byron Nelson golf tournament?
- Does the council’s disingenuous game plan include a desire to bail Billy Bob and Chris Allen out?
Time is winding down and citizens should be alarmed when the council’s coo-coo clock pokes its head out and says: We did it. We screwed up another city treasure!
If you haven’t called your council member to express your concerns on the potential damage and possible legal fees to be encountered, then you could be part of the problem…Political Apathy Syndrome.
It should be noted, Medicare and BC/BS does not cover Political Apathy Syndrome!