the Controversial Committee Report
“We don’t raise sacred cows...we just butcher them.”
“Last Call For..”
No, dear readers, it’s not the last call for alcohol, but it should be.
The actions of the city manager, mayor and at least four more council members are probably going to take should make all citizens, who are interested in the best interest of Irving, to reach for the bottle.
In all actuality, this is the last call for — sense, sensibility, and doing what is right for the city by your elected officials. And this will be proven at the Thursday, October 4, 2018, Irving City Council meeting.
If you are tired of watching the TV antics and shambles the US Congress is creating to your government — under the guise of careful and thoughtful thinking — then tune to your local ICTV channel tomorrow night. The council spectacle will be aired live. And the usual cadre of paid protesters, speaking against the issue, will count as your entertainment for the night.
You will witness how your mayor and council members attempt a Fred Astaire dance routine, replete with their political spin step, of substituting real facts from political babble and kowtowing to: crony capitalist, campaign fund financiers, significant personal and friendship relations with those who have their ears in this matter, along with all the drinking-buddies and noshing shindigs provided to them pro bono.
The issue is still ARK attempting to obtain the $44M TIF funding legally due them.
(And remember, this is not your tax dollars in action…unless you own a business in the Las Colinas TIF #1 district.)
And once again, the city council is prepared to throw ARK under the bus and create: more bad and poor PR for the city; establish grounds for a law suit being filed against them; and by acting on their personal issues with ARK instead of citizens’ interest.
Here are some questions council members might want to review before making their decision to vote against funding ARK:
- Did the babbling and friendship of the crony capitalist influence the TIF board members at the meeting on Tuesday?
- Did the TIF board swallow hook line and sinker the tired and unproven talking points they heard by the crony capitalist at the meeting?
- Why was the city’s letter wrapping up all of the nit picking and certificate of occupancy fulfillment issues not presented to the TIF board? Who was responsible for this gross misrepresentation to the TIF board?
- Wasn’t the matter of “fraud” clearly swept off the table by the city’s letter?
- Has the city manager exerted information non-disclosure pressure on staff members regarding this issue up until Tuesday?
- Does the city manager follow the prescripts of what the mayor wants to the detriment of other council members?
- Isn’t their a realistic solution available which would allow ARK to receive the $44M funding with prescribed follow ups?
- Has the mayor and city council listened to all of the involved citizens who believe their actions are in bad faith for the city by deny the ARK funding due them?
- Are there those on the council, who are letting their personal animosity for ARK, fog their thinking to do what is right for the city and citizens?
- What will be the mayor and council’s reaction if another law suit is launched for their disingenuous inaction to do what is right with their business partner, ARK?
Of course, there are many other questions to be asked which would flood the swamp the mayor and council have created.
However, the national swamp fever is bad enough. Irving citizens would need to have a political-swamp booster shot if the council does not approve the ARK contractual agreement.
Call or e-mail your elected representatives tomorrow (Thursday) morning and let them know Irving is supposed to be better than what is going on with the national political scene.
Irving City Council
Report any required corrections to Mark Holbrook