Saturday, September 24, 2011

ER #11

City Hall Elevator Rumblings #11



Rider #1: I really hate riding this elevator to the 4th floor.


Rider #2: Is that because of the metal detectors, wand exam, eye scan or full body search before being ushered into the Capo’s office?


Rider #1: No! It’s the constant having to smile and nod my head in agreement while there. I feel like I have whiplash in my neck after one of these sessions. And today’s topic of preparing talking points for his October speaking gig is troublesome. How will he tell a group of professional accountants with a straight face how he allowed hundreds of thousands of city dollars to be misspent on Billy Bob’s Boondoggle? Does 6-Sigma cover this?


Rider #2: My advice...smile and remember what happened to all the others who crossed the Capo. They are now hand-sorting recyclable materials at the city landfill until retirement.



A note from counsel: These “candid” elevator conversations have been injected with fabricated nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs, modifiers and maybe a few dangling participles….Mark Holbrook