Saturday, September 10, 2011

ER #6

City Hall Elevator Rumblings #6


Rider #1: Are you as swamped as me?


Rider #2: You bet. It is taking all my time to hide the nuts the “squirrel” is keeping out of sight of the council until the budget is approved. That is if they ever get around to approving a budget.


Rider #1: I know what you mean. I don’t even have time to change the city’s Strategic Plan web page and remove the picture of the old mayor...who has been gone for three months now.


Rider#1: I wouldn’t worry. Only insomniacs ever read that page.


http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/city-manager/sp1011/brochure.pdf



A note from counsel: These “candid” elevator conversations have been injected with fabricated nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs, modifiers and maybe a few dangling participles….Mark Holbrook