Sunday, April 22, 2012

IISD #17: Curing Incumbentitis


IISD Admin Lunchroom Chatter #17
Nosher #1:    Do you know what is not making good sense?  Remember all the protests, rantings and raving about having a Hispanic on the IISD board?  Well, guess what.
Nosher #2:    Wait, don’t tell me.  I think I’ve discover the same incongruity that you have.  This past weekend, I drove by some of the homes of the Hispanic ‘leaders’ who were extremely vocal during the redistricting process.  And they didn’t even have a yard sign for Norma Gonzales in their yard.
Nosher #1:  Exactly!  I’ve heard Ms. Gonzales speak, and I believe she would be a welcomed addition to the board.  While she may not appeal to ‘limelight seekers,’ her message is one that will represent the district’s constituents well and provide fresh insight to all the issues facing the board.
Nosher #2:  What makes her an even better candidate is that she is not an incumbent!  When you look at the current voting record of the incumbent board member, you realize that change on the board is warranted.  Three more years of the incumbent would only add to the problems facing the district.
Nosher #1:  I’m sure going to tell my friends and neighbors to vote for Ms. Gonzales.  If she cannot get elected, then I’ll see if my retirement plan will allow me to exit the district posthaste.  I don’t think I could tolerate another three years of listening to the condescending rhetoric of the incumbent.  
A note from counsel: These “candid” lunchroom conversations have been injected with fabricated nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs, modifiers and maybe a few dangling participles.  Mark Holbrook