(a short and timely jotting for CCR twits Tweeters)
dwT #60: Quick...someone contact Irving’s Animal Services. It appears that all of mayor BVDs flock of Flying Harpies, most often found flapping around on FaceBook, have taken a nosedive into Lake Carolyn.
Backstory clue for the information impaired: It seems that mayor BVDs covert planning and conducting an illegal meeting has ended with the finalist -- she and her furless litter (Danish, Farris, LaMorgese, Webb and Spink) designated as the new city manager -- walking away from the process.
And it really wasn’t a gracious walk on his part considering the comments he made about Irving and those who did not support his illegal nomination as city manager. Isn’t he the same city manager who had difficulty with his former council, in Washington, not showering him with love, but instead a one year severance package? But that’s not the point. Could this have been a potential Yogi Berra city manager hiring that would have been “déjà vu all over again?”
As mayor BVD and the Flying Harpies attempt to spin the walk of Steven Sarkozy and point a blaming finger, staff of the CCR wonders if these items will be reflected in their discussions:
* The January 17, 2014 “Special Meeting” identifying Sarkozy as the finalist was and still is illegal.
* The February 5, 2014 “Special Meeting” to formally pursue contract negotiations with Sarkozy would have only rectified the previous illegal meeting.
* mayor BVD is responsible for the two meetings in question.
* The fact that two council members did not attend the January 17, 2014 illegal meeting is not relevant. Their attendance would not have changed the outcome and agenda mayor BVD was pushing.
* mayor BVD, for whatever her unstated reasons, did not want the interim city manager to have an extended contract. Wasn’t this the primary cause for her calling the first “Special Meeting” that was later declared illegal?
* There have been no discussions on the vetting process for Sarkozy resulting from the January 17, 2014 illegal meeting. Would there have been any vetting prior to the February 5, 2014 meeting?
* The spin and talking points provided on FaceBook by mayor BVD for her Flying Harpies were irrelevant to the reality of this issue 98% of the time.
* What will it take for mayor BVD to start leveling with the general public and perform mayoral duties with transparency, dignity and less political drama?
* Irving citizens deserve more than political-Kabuki dancing and photo ops for running this city.
In recent articles related to this subject, mayor BVD had been rather mute. Her basic comment has been an attempt to blame two council members for her shortcomings. How sad! Instead, she has allowed her Jim Jones Kool-Aid Revival sippers and Flying Harpies to soar with her message of spin around the community.
Of course, when her spin-message is this big a load, perhaps only a Flying Harpy can manage to tote it.
NOTE: A detailed article related to mayor BVD and the furless litter’s city manager finalist walking is located at the following link. Be sure and read the comments section for additional information as to what has transpired during what will surely come to be know as “mayor BVDs Great Hiring and Hidden Agenda Adventure.”
DMN, Avi Selk, 02-04-14: http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/deep-deep-problems-on-irving-city-council-repulsed-city-manager-pick.html/
A note from counsel: Some “Tweets” from Dylan Westie, Executive Editor and Part-time Wordsmith for the CCR, have been injected with fabricated nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs, modifiers and maybe a few dangling participles….Mark Holbrook