the Controversial Committee Report
“We don’t raise sacred cows...we just butcher them.”
Some days, there is not enough time to handle all the important priorities and details. Other days, scrubbing non-consequential items, like attending the QueenB "Look At Me" VDs blathering-fest at the annual Chamber of Commerce banquet just seems to be appropriate.
Seriously, for the good folks who paid good money to hear QueenB VD, the event should have been about showcasing Irving achievements. Lately, with all the turmoil festering the city, QueenB VD requires any public forum possible to make it appear all is well in her realm and any problems or issues which cast her in a negative light are not her doing.
Regardless of your opinion regarding the queen’s political malfeasance, the chamber event does bring members of the business community together. And that is a good thing.
And for those not wired into the political machinations which drive QueenB VD, here is what the politically ill-informed heard at the chamber’s State of the City address:
(And remember, the following was laced with some queenly Fact Fabrications.)
QueenB VDs State of the City Address
"Irving: A City Divided"
Welcome! I, blah blah blah, ME, and I blah blah blah, (mane flip), blah blah blah, MYSELF. Relocations, I, blah blah blah, (Hollywood-ish pose for photo op), blah blah blah, BY MYSELF, blah blah blah, (photo op), blah blah blah.
On incentives for developers, I, blah blah blah, (mane flip), blah blah blah. I, blah blah blah, (photo op), blah blah blah, ME. Blah blah blah, I, blah blah blah.
MY crony-capitalism stooges, blah blah blah, I, blah blah blah, (mane flip), blah blah blah, and I, blah blah blah.
(Wash, rinse and repeat verbiage…for another half hour.)
Of course, for the attendees not in the know, the address sounded as if QueenB VD had single-handedly achieved gold stars for all her self-righteous pseudo-activities. (cue her mane flip and photo op for effect)
However, if one looked closely, many attendees had their official CCR Torofeca Filters (see pic) placed against their ears. These individuals heard a different speech. How is that possible?
The Torofeca Filter can strain self-aggrandizing political rhetoric and allow the listener to hear what the reality of an issue, being discussed, might be.
QueenB VD: "Cultural differences also took center stage, but we responded by demonstrating leadership…"
w/Torofeca Filter: We? I gave Irving worldwide attention, not leadership, due to my facts fabrication, fear-mongering and the spreading of Islamophobia.
As one can imagine, attendees with Torofeca Filters actually heard what was occurring in ‘beautiful downtown Irving.’ To be sure, they were amazed how QueenB VD also failed to include the following issues in her scripted remarks. The real State of the City is certainly different from what the queen would have you believe.
Here is the subtext of QueenB VDs remarks when passed through the Torofeca Filter:
(And remember, these items are sprinkled with NPD-fairy dust by the queen.)
- I, by dictating to my Pet Rocks Ward, Farris, LaMorgese and Spink, passed the meaningless council resolution in support of State HB 562 which created a divide in the city greater than any current earthquake has accomplished. MY actions will even bear witness to seeing many more "unsavory protestors" prancing around town and religious institutions carrying arms and maybe even wearing white sheets.
- I have fully supported my single source developers, special interest groups and cronies to assist them in achieving their goals for their private business interest. While continuing to hedge MY support for anything related to the Entertainment Center, I continue to push MY agenda for OliverMcMillan, Hines Reality and those cronies who want to siphon tax bucks from the city’s Economic Development fund.
- I will be assuring "Dark Money," from the Irving Opportunity Council, floods the upcoming city council elections to establish new Pet Rocks who will to cater to MY dictates. Tonight, you may even see and hear one of MY current Pet Rocks pushing a potential city council candidate. You must realize, I cannot achieve MY personal agenda and self-interest concerns if Pet Rocks are not elected to the council.
- I, with the allegiance of State Representatives Rodney "Bogus-gate Complaint" Anderson and Matt "Squeaky" Rinaldi, have proudly branded Irving as a sanctuary city for all Red Meat TEA-carnivores. This designation will assist ME when I decide to seek an office greater than mayor of Irving. Until then, I’ll continue MY facts fabrication speaking tour to low information sycophants and Glenn Beck devotees who wear those fashionable tin foil hats. Ted "Lizard Grin" Cruz will be proud of ME.
- My flock of Flying Harpy FaceBook bloggers are poised to: shred any dissenters to MY dictates; promote the candidates of MY choosing for city council elections; spin any negative PR, regarding MY actions, by blaming the Dallas Morning News; and I will continue to dismiss the divisiveness which currently strangles the city as being a problem someone else created…certainly, not being due to MY Red Meat TEA-carnivore facts fabrication and blathering, which was so inaccurate and incorrect it spiked a high note on the Islamophobia scale.
While the meal served at the chamber event, peppered steak, was considered outstanding, those who filtered QueenB VDs remarks, with their Torofeca Filters, left with severe cases of indigestion. Good food and Torofeca just doesn't mix well.
The best cure and treatment for this malady, as encountered at the chamber event by attendees, is to become involved in the political processes by: eliminating all potential "Dark Money" candidates; vote against Pet Rock designees; and expose those who hold a crony-license of fealty issued by QueenB VD.
Should all this be accomplished, then Irving citizens can discard their supply of Pepcid AC® and witness ‘beautiful downtown Irving’ returning to normalcy and its rightful owners…the citizens, not those playing the queen’s greedy games of faux-capitalism or the political system for their personal gain.
Finally, Dylan Westie, Executive editor/Part-time wordsmith and Social Media Troll for the CCR, may have summed up QueenB VDs chamber presentation best with just one of his tweets. It seems Dylan can do in 140 characters what takes the rest of the CCR staff to accomplish in 1,200 words!
Dylan’s State of the City address perspective:
Dylan Westie @DylanWestie1 Jan 26
Tonight: QueenB (Irving mayor) cuts ribbon on creation of her Fantasyland of accomplishments at CofC State of City address. Disney is aghast!