Wednesday, September 18, 2019

CCR 09-18-19 Discovery #1

the   Controversial  Committee   Report
“We don’t raise sacred cows...we just butcher them.”

Discovery #1

   I recently discovered thatattempting to deal with the Frontier Communications  “customer service” department is closely akin to having a root canal, or bickering with a used car salesmen. 

   And this is why:
   In January, the Mrs. called Frontier to have our monthly bill reduced by eliminating the entire movie channel’s package.  She was assured this would be done.

   Around May, I began paying the monthly household bills.  In July, I wondered why the monthly statement still had the movie channel’s package on the statement.

   Prior to calling the “customer service” line, I sent an e-mail to the Frontier Regional office on Beltline Road in Irving.  After not receiving any response to the e-mail, I called and let a message on two separate occasions.  No one in this office ever called back, or responded to the e-mail sent.  Par for the course?

   Of course, all activity with “customer service” starts with a long wait period on the phone…unless you provide a number for them to call you back.  And the call back will be as long as, or longer than the original established wait time.  Guaranteed!

   I had hoped this wouldn’t be necessary, but the only way to have my bill corrected was to call the “customer service” number utilized by lowly peon-cable subscribers.  Welcome to the Frontier department of confusion.

   After the long wait for the call back and then providing answers to all the ‘security’ questions, I related why I was calling: to remove the movie channel’s package in order to reduce my monthly cost as requested in January.  Can you understand this, Frontier?

   Instead of understanding I just wanted to reduce my monthly bill, the “customer service” individual immediately attempted to sell me their computer security service.  Really, Frontier?

   The discussion then centered around how the removal of all my movie channels should provide a sizable reduction in my monthly payment.  And considering a new plethora of household bills requiring payment, this was extremely important to me.  Did you hear this, Frontier?

   I was told: No, I couldn’t just remove this movie channel “package.”  I had to have another “package” set up…for some unknown reason.  And this is where the discussion became unruly.  Package, I don’t want any unknown “packages.”

   The frustrated “customer service” individual then transferred me to an advanced “customer service” hurdle called the “Retention Group.”  Is this individual in charge of remedial “package” understanding? 

  Sadly, the same discussion of wanting to reduce my monthly bill ensued.  The “Retention Group” individual then stated I would be placed in a “Prime Channels package” without any movie channels.  And this would supposedly reduce my bill significantly.  Are you sure?

   I also indicated I wanted to return two cable boxes as the TVs recently used for cable was no longer necessary.  Make a note of this additional request, Frontier.

   While waiting — but not holding my breath — to witness if the reduction in my monthly bill has been accomplished as requested, I am still waiting for the packages to return the two cable boxes requested over two weeks ago.  Do you remember this, Frontier?
   
   Summary: If this was my first encounter with Frontier “customer service,” then little would be said.  However, after years of dealing with this organization, one should realize “customer service” nowadays does not have the same meaning as it once had…even when getting through the Frontier phone maze.

   Making an extra buck, clouding issues with various indiscernible “packages,” and not mentioning if what was changed represents any new contractual agreements seems to be the operational standard employed by Frontier Communications.

   One should also add, to this list, the fact Frontier might actually care less about how much your monthly bill might be, as they are in the game to make money…all they can regardless of a customer’s request.

   If you have, or are experiencing the same type of issues with Frontier Communications “customer service,” send me an e-mail and I’ll provide you with the contact information for: the Frontier Regional office in Irving, and the Frontier Communications ILEC Holding Company CEO’s name and contact information.

   And if all this doesn’t work out with Frontier, then maybe Direct TV could provide a better result, or even lower monthly cost to suit actual needs.


.............................Mark Holbrook


Ringtail Productions Limited
    LAWYER STUFF:  Dylan’s Ruffings, the Controversial Committee Report, ZAP! and the O-file are published by Mark Holbrook who everyone knows -- except for a couple apathetic slugs whose IQ equals their shoe size -- is Mike Howard.  Any reference to persons deceased is purely out of respect.  For those still living, draw your own conclusions.  Get in line if you want to sue or complain.  Better yet, call someone who might really care.  Letters written must meet at least one of the following criteria: humorous, cat kicking, or not libelous.  Simple requirements for simple readers...that’s our philosophy.  “Cool and the Geezer” is syndicated by Ringtail Productions Limited and all rights are reserved.  The CCR and ZAP! are printed and issued only when local political idiocy becomes laughable.  Permission is granted to copy, fax, or e-mail this report to a friend, associate, or someone you really don’t like.  The “candid” conversation reports have been injected with fabricated nouns, verbs, conjunctions, adverbs, modifiers and maybe a few dangling participles. All previous reports, butchered sacred cows and blog responses are posted at: 

First “cat kicked” in 1984       Contact: markholbrook13@yahoo.com       September 18, 2019